Sign in with
Your question
Closed

AMD vs Nvidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 24, 2013 12:16:09 PM

Ehh, the guy basically says every card at every price perform the same between the two companies. Also, he uses Nvidia in his own computer and seems completely biased towards Nvidia. According to him, AMD: mulit-moniter/more memory
Nvidia:p hysx/more support/more technology.
Should of said something about bang for your buck at different price points.
Additionally, the video seems somewhat current so he could of included current promotions such as AMD never settle.
February 24, 2013 1:37:57 PM

its obvious that nvidia beats amd in most of the ways and also as the market leader.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2013 1:44:39 PM

connor417 said:
its obvious that nvidia beats amd in most of the ways and also as the market leader.

From what I've read, nvidia is 51% of the discrete graphics market and AMD is 49%. There's not much of a difference between the two.
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2013 1:55:57 PM

usbgtx550 said:
Should of said something... he could of included...

I'm sure you mean "should have said something" and "could have included"... right?
Re: ESL
I know it can be challenging, but continue to perservere.

Re: nVidia - definitely number 1!
I'll never use AMD again (crappy software; no PhysX).
Regards
February 24, 2013 2:02:22 PM

Nvidea is my fave... I have spent hours trying to get catalyst software to work with new drivers etc. with nvidea it is just plug and play

You will always have some folks loyal to the underdog, and that is cool cause it keeps the best on their toes...
February 24, 2013 2:05:20 PM

amd is really good in the low and mid range segment. they also have great cards in the higher end segment. there 7970 was the world fastest single gpu card but now nvidia's gtx titan is. i would say look at benchmarks and then pick a card with the best performance/money.
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2013 2:09:50 PM

jaslion said:
amd is really good in the low and mid range segment. they also have great cards in the higher end segment. there 7970 was the world fastest single gpu card but now nvidia's gtx titan is. i would say look at benchmarks and then pick a card with the best performance/money.

That's what I do. I buy from both companies because they both make good cards and I have never had problems with either brand.
February 24, 2013 2:28:20 PM

swilczak said:
That's what I do. I buy from both companies because they both make good cards and I have never had problems with either brand.

that the best thing you can do
February 24, 2013 2:31:14 PM

Just think it like this,

Nvidia : Toyota
AMD : Honda

February 24, 2013 2:34:36 PM

For most of us it comes down to performance for what money we have to spend at the time in our budget. You should always get the most performance you can for the least amount of money. AMD and Nvidia both are good, its always about price and lucky for us the companies that assemble the GPU's for sale always are lowering the prices to get our money. So which is better the one that gives you the most for your money.
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2013 1:02:02 PM

steam statistics show nvidia dominating in gpu market and intel in cpu market
a c 180 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a b Î Nvidia
February 25, 2013 1:15:02 PM

Basically nvidia gpu sells more than amd as there are many people(noob) in world who do no about amd gpu mostly they know only nvidia gpu!Both amd are nvidia gpu are execellent and one should choose gpu according to price/performance value.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 171 Î Nvidia
February 25, 2013 2:55:51 PM

ASHISH65 said:
Basically nvidia gpu sells more than amd as there are many people(noob) in world who do no about amd gpu mostly they know only nvidia gpu!Both amd are nvidia gpu are execellent and one should choose gpu according to price/performance value.

You seem to forget about those who have made their purchase based on past experience and how that may affect the stats. :whistle: 
February 25, 2013 3:24:07 PM

Mousemonkey said:
You seem to forget about those who have made their purchase based on past experience and how that may affect the stats. :whistle: 

yeah nvidia failed me a lot in the past (but the geforce mx 440 was a good card) so i got myself an medion with an ati an ati card and it is serving me well and for the moment the 7950 is the best performance/value (at least the sapphire one) to buy in stead of nvidia if it would be that nvisia was better then amd i will buy nvidia even if it failed me 5 times in 3months i don't care if it works it works if it doesn't the youre screwed.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 171 Î Nvidia
February 25, 2013 3:27:50 PM

jaslion said:
yeah nvidia failed me a lot in the past (but the geforce mx 440 was a good card) so i got myself an medion with an ati an ati card and it is serving me well and for the moment the 7950 is the best performance/value (at least the sapphire one) to buy in stead of nvidia if it would be that nvisia was better then amd i will buy nvidia even if it failed me 5 times in 3months i don't care if it works it works if it doesn't the youre screwed.

And there are going to be folk out there who will buy Nvidia cards because they have similar feelings about ATi/AMD cards.
February 25, 2013 3:42:30 PM

Mousemonkey said:
And there are going to be folk out there who will buy Nvidia cards because they have similar feelings about ATi/AMD cards.

i just love AMD/ATI and nvidia
a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2013 4:27:16 PM

ok lets close the topic. i dont want flame war.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
a c 171 Î Nvidia
February 25, 2013 4:28:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!