Hooking up a desktop computer to a wireless router

What do I need and and what ports etc. do I put them in?
1 answer Last reply
More about hooking desktop computer wireless router

  1. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

    To connect wirelessly, you need a wireless adapter which can either be in the form of a card that fits one of your PCI slots on the motherboard or, and more simple to fit, a USB dongle which plugs into a USB port - preferably on the front of the machine.

    Whichever you choose, aim for a Wireless N standard - that will future proof you for a year or so until the next big thing comes along.

Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Router Desktops Computers Wireless Networking