TTG from PC -> TiVo?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
March 14, 2005 4:16:22 PM

I transfered some shows from my TiVo to my PC, then deleted them from the TiVo.

Is TiVo going to eventually allow us to serve .TIVO files back to the TiVo from our PC's?

I'm unhappy with the loss of quality that happens when I burn downloaded shows
onto a DVD. It would be preferable (to me) to keep the original .TIVO file, and xfer it
back to the TiVo, and play it from there.

More about : ttg tivo

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 7:54:23 PM

Vince wrote:
> I transfered some shows from my TiVo to my PC, then deleted them from the TiVo.
>
> Is TiVo going to eventually allow us to serve .TIVO files back to the TiVo from our PC's?
>
> I'm unhappy with the loss of quality that happens when I burn downloaded shows
> onto a DVD. It would be preferable (to me) to keep the original .TIVO file, and xfer it
> back to the TiVo, and play it from there.

I belive Megazone indicated a while back that he had heard that this
*was* planned for a future enhancement.

Randy S.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:00:41 PM

"Randy S." <rswittno@spamgmail.com> shaped the electrons to say:
>I belive Megazone indicated a while back that he had heard that this
>*was* planned for a future enhancement.

Yes, moving content back to the TiVo is coming.

-MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris
March 18, 2005 12:14:36 AM

MegaZone <newsREMOVE@thismegazone.org> wrote:
> "Randy S." <rswittno@spamgmail.com> shaped the electrons to say:
>>I belive Megazone indicated a while back that he had heard that this
>>*was* planned for a future enhancement.

> Yes, moving content back to the TiVo is coming.

> -MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
> --
> <URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
> "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-755-4098
> <URL:http://www.megazone.org/&gt; <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/&gt; Eris

This would be handy: then we'd have unlimited space without hacking in a new harddrive.
Joey
!