MN-700 mixed b/g mode

Hi,

My HP laptop connects well to the MN-700 and
I have been using the 54g connection for a
couple of weeks now. I now have a HP PDA with
a 802.11b d-link card which cannot connect to
the MN-700 (or rather MN-700 refuses to see
it).
I have placed the router in the "mixed b compatible/fast
mode", but it still refuses to see the PDA.
The PDA sees the wireless network
though at a good strong signal. I'm running the bs in
WEP/64bit mode.
The basestation logs do not update whenever the
PDA tries to connect, so I cant tell what the problem is.
The perplexing thing is that the PDA connects
to all my neighbors, 4 other different brands
of routers (without password protection) effortlessly,
even a coffee shop..
Has anyone succeeded in making the router work in
mixed mode? Any thoughts on what the problem here
is will be really appreciated.
Thanks.

If you are using MAC filtering, make sure that the PDA's mac address is
allowed to associate with the MN700

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"SunnyDelight" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My HP laptop connects well to the MN-700 and
> I have been using the 54g connection for a
> couple of weeks now. I now have a HP PDA with
> a 802.11b d-link card which cannot connect to
> the MN-700 (or rather MN-700 refuses to see
> it).
> I have placed the router in the "mixed b compatible/fast
> mode", but it still refuses to see the PDA.
> The PDA sees the wireless network
> though at a good strong signal. I'm running the bs in
> WEP/64bit mode.
> The basestation logs do not update whenever the
> PDA tries to connect, so I cant tell what the problem is.
> The perplexing thing is that the PDA connects
> to all my neighbors, 4 other different brands
> of routers (without password protection) effortlessly,
> even a coffee shop..
> Has anyone succeeded in making the router work in
> mixed mode? Any thoughts on what the problem here
> is will be really appreciated.
> Thanks.

No, I don't have MAC filtering setup on the router.
I can try changing the settings to MAC filtering.
But I dont want to disturb the router too much given the
amount of problems I went through to set it up not to
mention the problems faced by others in this forum :)
Why doesn't M$ at least put up some more logging on
the router.

Does anyone know if activsync works over a wlan.

Thanks