Is DDRII available, yet?

digikid

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
I hear so much about dual channel memory, but I'm not sure if it's available, yet?

Is there a big price difference between DDR and DDRII (that if, if it's out); what speed does DDRII run at, 266, 333 or 400?

Thanks!

eden

Champion
It'll be a while still, so don't hold your breath for nothing. IIRC, it is quad data rate RAM, so PC 133 (DDR 266) would would be as fast as DDR 533, which is what RDRAM has. The best area where DDRII would rock is using it on PC200, thus DDR 800 would be worth 6.4GB/sec alone, and that alone could make a P4 scream of performance. Imagine dual-channeling that!
In any case it's still early, but it's worth discussing the outcomes as well as possible pricing, certainly nowhere RDRAM's first days!

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

eden

Champion
C'est du monde comme toi qui me rendent va vue des québecois aussi dégeulace. Merci beaucoup pour l'hospitalité juin, encore une autre raison pourquoi vous n'êtes pas aussi de bons monde.

--

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
How close is this ? it is from the Promt online translator

C'est du monde comme toi qui me rendent va vue des québecois aussi dégeulace. Merci beaucoup pour l'hospitalité juin, encore une autre raison pourquoi vous n'êtes pas aussi de bons monde.

It is of the world as you which(who) return me goes sight of the Quebec also dégeulace. Thank you very much for the hospitality in June, another another reason why you are not also of checks world.

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

eden

Champion
However my point was that he is an example of all the Quebecers I am surrounded by, he shows the exact same disrespect most of them show. You may not understand me or may even find my view a bit harsh but trust me, all of my friends agree, there are few good ones besides the rest.

--

MoneyMike

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2002
DDR II SDRAM is expected to become available in late 2003 (possibly 2004). DDR-II is expected to be made available as DDR400, DDR533 and DDR600 modules, with the initial DDR400 modules offering a memory bandwidth of 3.2Gb/s. Unlike standard SDRAM and DDR SDRAM, which use TSOP packaging and run at 3.3 or 2.5v, DDR-II modules will ship in BGA or TSOP-II packages and will require 1.8v. DDR-II is backwardly compatible with DDR, allowing the use of DDR modules in DDR-II motherboards.

My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

eden

Champion
You have something wrong, DDRII 400 is not supposed to give 3.2GB/sec at all. DDR400 does that, while DDRII 400 would give an effective 6.4GB.
Remember DDR uses 8 byte paths, 400*8=3200! DDRII does 16bytes or 400*16=6400.

--

G

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds more like this:

It's people like you who makes my thoughts of Quebecers so terrible.Thanx a lot for your hospitality Juin, one more reason why you are not good people.