Questions about Workstation graphic cards

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello

I know that workstation gpu's such as the Nvidia Quadrant series are for 3D design and CAD.

After you do the designing would you bring the data into a regular computer with a good gpu to do the skinning? I am learning about this.

Solution
Hey,

Nvidia Quadro, and AMD FirePro cards have been designed with workstations in mind, so yes they are made for CAD. I don't do too much CAD (I mainly use Sketchup with Maxwell plugin for rendering) but I had a Quadro 600 and it met all my needs at the time (although its an entry level workstation card). I don't know what you mean by "bring the data into a regular computer with a good gpu", as the Quadro GPU's were designed with CAD in mind (so they are "good" for it) and should handle it without requiring another another pc with a different GPU.

Hope this clarifies things!

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey,

Nvidia Quadro, and AMD FirePro cards have been designed with workstations in mind, so yes they are made for CAD. I don't do too much CAD (I mainly use Sketchup with Maxwell plugin for rendering) but I had a Quadro 600 and it met all my needs at the time (although its an entry level workstation card). I don't know what you mean by "bring the data into a regular computer with a good gpu", as the Quadro GPU's were designed with CAD in mind (so they are "good" for it) and should handle it without requiring another another pc with a different GPU.

Hope this clarifies things!

Solution