I'm looking for some PC games

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Fairy tales or treasure hunt with a lot of adventures. Great
sceneries, Interesting plots, Maybe islands or rain forests. Many
levels to advance to like the old type games do. Since I play to kill
some break times, I wish it's easy to learn and simple to play. And
it should be a PC game. Can you name a few that I can try out.

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Thry Monkey Island...

notlogin wrote:
> Fairy tales or treasure hunt with a lot of adventures. Great
> sceneries, Interesting plots, Maybe islands or rain forests. Many
> levels to advance to like the old type games do. Since I play to kill
> some break times, I wish it's easy to learn and simple to play. And
> it should be a PC game. Can you name a few that I can try out.

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

Hello Chris. I downloaded a demo of Monkey Island and tried it out.
It's too complicated. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to
get the guy's hands off the chain. I pressed all the possible keys in
the keyboard, finally I got the coalfire knocked down, but still
nothing happened after that. No way I can get the guy to move.

Anyway, after I tried Monkey Island, I feel I am more into 2D games.
I remember I played some old PC games (in the 90s) on a friend's PC
and I liked those a lot. One is shooting up colorful object in a
galaxy-like environment. Another game is a sexy female warrior, going
about many places (levels). She fights monsters and avoids traps.
Both games are 2D. They are very simple to play. Just arrow keys to
move and 'space' to shoot. Too bad my friends said those are very old
ones and don't run on Win XP. You know any new game like that that
also runs on Win XP?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:35:25 -0600, Chris Simpson <Chriss@mho.com>
wrote:

>Thry Monkey Island...
>
>notlogin wrote:
>> Fairy tales or treasure hunt with a lot of adventures. Great
>> sceneries, Interesting plots, Maybe islands or rain forests. Many
>> levels to advance to like the old type games do. Since I play to kill
>> some break times, I wish it's easy to learn and simple to play. And
>> it should be a PC game. Can you name a few that I can try out.

Archived from groups: alt.games (More info?)

You can try Morrowind, the plot is kind of thin though...

"notlogin" <notlogin@times.com> wrote in message
> Hello Chris. I downloaded a demo of Monkey Island and tried it out.
> It's too complicated. I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to
> get the guy's hands off the chain. I pressed all the possible keys in
> the keyboard, finally I got the coalfire knocked down, but still
> nothing happened after that. No way I can get the guy to move.
>
> Anyway, after I tried Monkey Island, I feel I am more into 2D games.
> I remember I played some old PC games (in the 90s) on a friend's PC
> and I liked those a lot. One is shooting up colorful object in a
> galaxy-like environment. Another game is a sexy female warrior, going
> about many places (levels). She fights monsters and avoids traps.
> Both games are 2D. They are very simple to play. Just arrow keys to
> move and 'space' to shoot. Too bad my friends said those are very old
> ones and don't run on Win XP. You know any new game like that that
> also runs on Win XP?

Download MAME32. It's an emulator which allows you to play the original
arcade games from the 70's upto the 90's. You can play all the old classics
like Galaxian, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Robotron, Defender, etc.
I'm sure you'll be able to find many 2D arcade games to suit your taste. To
see what type of games you can play go to www.klov.com and browse around the
many different games. Depending on your age you'll probably remember quite
a few of them. Good luck.