Windows 8 Mouse keyboard Stop Working after 5 hours

genetexx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hello,
I have a home built PC. Windows 8 installed. The problem I have is after about 5~ some odd hours my mouse and keyboard are no longer responsive. Music programs, monitor still runs fine.

I like to use my computer 24/7. My music will keep playing all night but no matter what when I wake up or get home from work the keyboard and mouse wont work. I will have to do a manual reset on the case. Which then loads the pc into safe mode I am guessing becasue the internet wont work, then I have to restart again! Very annoying!

I have set all power options to Never Sleep, Never shut off ect. but maybe I am missing something.

Any advice? Please and thank you in advance

Here is an Energy Report maybe this will help:
http://toyjapan.org/energy-report.html

I did not see anything in the report that would indicate that the OS is doing a sleep on your device. I would check my BIOS for a power management setting that may be in effect. (make sure wake from sleep via the keyboard is enabled, and if you have a EU low power setting that should be disabled)

You might also have special software for your keyboard/mouse that may be turning them off after some timeout value. The software can be running under windows or can be in the device firmware. really need to know the device (usb, Bluetooth, ps/2, serial,...)

for example: my monitor has its own firmware that can set a sleep state timeout independent of the OS. I have had a mouse that also used software to set extra functions that were actually stored in EEROM in the actual mouse, you set it then never had to worry about the setting again.

genetexx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012