• Graphics Cards
  • Windows 7
  • RAM
  • Windows 8
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2013 5:01:05 AM

Hello ,
two weeks back i bought a laptop Hp2000-2116TU,and i upgaded the RAM to 4GB from 2GB. and i installed windows 8 pro,but due to some problems it crashed,i mean the windows crashed
so i installed windows 7 ultimate now. and i installed all the drivers from HP website(including graphics driver version 8.15.10.2696)
but i am facing only one issue now
since my laptop is with intel HD 4000 graphics(2 GB),the adapter RAM was around 1700 MB previously which was fine since HD4000 is basically 2GB graphics memory if i am not wrong,but now after installing windows 7 ,now i am getting only around 272MB in the adapter RAM section.
one thing i noticed that previously i used to see some NVIDIA driver too,somewhere in my PC
but after its crashed,now i havent installed any NVIDIA driver,since my laptop doesnt support any dedicated graphics,.
so am i missing any driver installation? supposedly NVIDIA one? is there any drivers which i need to download from intel's website?
if so ,please let me know as soon as possible
Awaiting response ,thanks alot

Regards

More about : adapter ram reduced installing windows ultimate windows

a b U Graphics card
February 25, 2013 9:27:26 AM

hp2000-2116tu said:
Hello ,
two weeks back i bought a laptop Hp2000-2116TU,and i upgaded the RAM to 4GB from 2GB. and i installed windows 8 pro,but due to some problems it crashed,i mean the windows crashed
so i installed windows 7 ultimate now. and i installed all the drivers from HP website(including graphics driver version 8.15.10.2696)
but i am facing only one issue now
since my laptop is with intel HD 4000 graphics(2 GB),the adapter RAM was around 1700 MB previously which was fine since HD4000 is basically 2GB graphics memory if i am not wrong,but now after installing windows 7 ,now i am getting only around 272MB in the adapter RAM section.
one thing i noticed that previously i used to see some NVIDIA driver too,somewhere in my PC
but after its crashed,now i havent installed any NVIDIA driver,since my laptop doesnt support any dedicated graphics,.
so am i missing any driver installation? supposedly NVIDIA one? is there any drivers which i need to download from intel's website?
if so ,please let me know as soon as possible
Awaiting response ,thanks alot

Regards

Assuming you did a fresh install of windows, did you install all the chipset and onboard video drivers?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a c 213 $ Windows 7
a b * Windows 8
February 25, 2013 12:04:31 PM

it integrated video, so it will use as much memory as it need.
And run windows update to get the latest update.
m
l
Related resources
!