Closed Solved

GPU LOAD PROBLEMS RADEON 7800

Hi, i bought a radeon 7850 2gb oc edition, I'm having gpu load problems...only in source/valve games i play tf2 l4d l4d2 css csgo and when i play max out, i get alot of fps dips/stutters, i used GPU-Z, i recorded the gpu load when i play BF3, its at 80%-100%. When i play my source/valve games its 30%-51%...it wont go above it...im using the latest beta drivers...can help/relate to?

sapphire radeon 7850 2gb oc edition 21C idle 46C load
asrock 970 extreme3 am3+ mobo
amd phenom ii 965 BE @ 3.8ghz 24C idle 48C load
8GB corsair vengeance ram
2tb WD HDD
700 watt power supply

P.S i disabled 2d clocks with HIS iturbo
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about load problems radeon 7800
  1. Hi

Please tell us the amps on the 12V rail on your PSU.. It should be visible on the sticker somewhere.

Also make sure V-Sync is off for your games.
  2. It might be a CPU bottleneck
  3. ndslite said:
    It might be a CPU bottleneck

My cpu usage is not even near 100 percent, and plus any otehr game works fine...just those valve/source games
  4. JJ1217 said:
    Hi

Please tell us the amps on the 12V rail on your PSU.. It should be visible on the sticker somewhere.

Also make sure V-Sync is off for your games.

i never ever play vsync on, i just dont like it :3...and i really dont know how to get the 12vrail thingy lol, but i have a link to my psu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148046&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817148046&gclid=CLrRq7jq0rUCFQLhQgodR0kANw
  5. Best answer
    First 12 V rail is 23 amps... a little bit low. That is around 276 watts of power, which your system might be overusing. You have a second rail, however I'm not 100% if you are even using the second one.
  6. JJ1217 said:
    First 12 V rail is 23 amps... a little bit low. That is around 276 watts of power, which your system might be overusing. You have a second rail, however I'm not 100% if you are even using the second one.

how will i know if im using a second one...and also? can the psu be bottle necking it? and if so why is it only valve/source games? BF3 sleeping dogs batman alll play fine on ultra
  7. Best answer selected by lowkee.
  8. JJ1217 said:

sorry to spam you, but im thinkig of upgrading my psu...is this 1 any good in your opinion

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152035&Tpk=raidmax%20630%20watt
    if not, can you give me a link to a good 1 in the 50-80$ price range?
  9. JJ1217 said:

Do you really belive its my power supply that causing my fps dips/stutters in source/valve games?
  10. Possibly might be, I would still get a new power supply anyways. Before you do buy it if you want to, reinstall your drivers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon GPUs Graphics Product