Do i refill my HP printer or not ?

hammad

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2002
Hi everybody

I have an HP deskjet 810c printer.
its original ink cartidges are very expensive

can i refill the ink cartidges.
hp says it can damage the printer,but i have seen refilled ink printers working fine.

do i refill my printer ?

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
I suppose that'll depend on what sort of ink you're going to refill it in. But yes, go ahead and try it once. If no problem occurs, continue using it.

Printer manufacturers makes quite a bit of profit form their ink cartridges, so you'll mostly hear doom & gloom from them.

-----
<A HREF="http://www.khmercity.com/city_music//Kerpal Comedy@@ kick my dog~ :)/Jerky Boys - Kerpal - Airport Pakistani And Hindi Fight.mp3" target="_new">I'm going to get you, you bastard guy</A>.

M39shadow

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2003
There are some risks involved with refilling cartridges. You must be careful when refilling. The cartridge must be resealed after refilling. If it leaks into the printer, it will probably ruin it. If it does, your out a printer and haven't saved any money. Don't let anyone fool you, refilling cartridges can be messy too. Be prepared for that. For instance don't refill them on your nice oak kitchen table. I know a guy who ruined a couch.

The other thing would be ink quality. Don't go for the cheapest you can find. The ink nozzles on the bottom of ink cartridges are very small (thinner than a human hair). It doesn't take an impurity of any big size to clog the nozzles.

Lastly, minor things in the printer driver may no longer work correctly. Most HP printers track ink usage. This will no longer be accurate.

If you are only buying a few cartridges a year, it probably isn't worth the hassle to refil the cartridges, but thats just my opinion.

Michaelius

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
If you are afraid of refilling cartriges (i'm:) Try buying cartriges from the other companies usually there are several who just sell repacked refilled cartridges for half a cost.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<Printer manufacturers makes quite a bit of profit form their ink cartridges>

it's not just "quite a bit" it's "most" of the profit.

<hp says it can damage the printer,but i have seen refilled ink printers working fine.>

so what do you beleave more - "hp" or yer own eyes ;?>

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...