GeForce 9600GTX possibly burned?

sakeuon

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hi,

I'm running a GeForce 9600GTX (using 9800GT drivers) on a ASUS P8H67-M LX. I was using my computer normally, listening to music on iTunes, when the monitor went black and the sound crashed.

I restarted the computer and the screen doesn't come back up. Using the integrated graphics, I'm able to use my computer normally, but using the video card I can't. I tried using both ports, cleaning it and reseating the card.

Is my video card burned? How can I verify this? What other possible solutions are there?

Thanks in advance.

sakeuon

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Yes, I know it's the video card. My question is what the problem is in the video card, and how I can troubleshoot it.

Also, slight correction: My motherboard is a ASUS P8H61-M LE/BR.

There is not allot to be fixxed on a video card most of the time there is nothing visual to see wrong you would have to go in there with a volt meter to see what part failed and the likely hood of you or I knowing how to do this is unlikely LOL and I'm an electrical eng too LOL... If you see caps that are fat or leaking sometimes you can replace those but surface mount parts not really.... just get another one a 9800 gtx is 50 bucks on ebay or go more modern would be my answer.

Thent

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
You could try the "baking" in the oven method much like a 360 red ring fix would be. Other than that I would say its not worth your time or money to fix a broken ancient card that barely can keep up with a $20 card of today.

sakeuon

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

could you elaborate on this method, or give me a link?

edit: also, how can I confirm that the video card is burned?