Aftermarket cooler for EVGA GTX 560ti 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbcake

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I have done research and come up with nothing. I would like to know what are the recommended coolers for this card. Right now I am looking at the Accelero Xtreme Plus III or the Accelero Hybrid. If both fit, which one should I get? I would prefer cheaper. And also if these are not the best what do you recommend? I also know I need brackets so which ones should I get?

Thanks!

Solution

I had no other option because the stock cooler failed on me. I wasn't sure what to expect from the aftermarket cooler, but I enjoyed the fact that my case went from sounding like a jet engine while gaming to completely silent. Also, the lower temps made even higher overclocks possible. As for risk, I don't really think its risky at all. The installation was easy and it would be pretty hard to break anything during the process. The fact that my temps were higher from the start was also encouraging. Your temps are definitely...

newbcake

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

This is just a heatsink? Is it effective?

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I have the same card and had to replace the stock cooler after the fan stopped working. I chose the GELID ICY VISION cooler:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426026

Installation was pretty simple with no other parts needed.

With the stock cooler I had temps of around 33C idle and low 80's under heavy load at stock. With the ICY VISION, It idles under 30C and never goes above 65 under any circumstance. I have the fans set as low as possible and they are totally silent. Also, I currently have mine overclocked to 980 MHz with no noticeable increase in temps.

Make sure you have an extra slot open though as the cooler takes up 3 slots instead of the stock 2.

newbcake

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

My temps when idle ranged from 25 to 30 and when gaming it goes from 50 to 70. Will this help significantly?

newbcake

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

If you have replaced a gpu cooler before would you say it's worth the risk? I don't mind the noise but it'd be better if it was quieter. Would this make my card any cooler? Is the price (~60) worth it?

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I had no other option because the stock cooler failed on me. I wasn't sure what to expect from the aftermarket cooler, but I enjoyed the fact that my case went from sounding like a jet engine while gaming to completely silent. Also, the lower temps made even higher overclocks possible. As for risk, I don't really think its risky at all. The installation was easy and it would be pretty hard to break anything during the process. The fact that my temps were higher from the start was also encouraging. Your temps are definitely tolerable and perfectly fine. I guess the only question for you concerns if you think getting rid of the noise for roughly $60 is worth it.

Solution

newbcake

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

So let me clear things up.

1. You have this card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683)
2. You used this aftermarket cooler (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835426026)
3. You did NOT need any new brackets. Just straight from the box to the card (heatsinks and all)

I got my 560ti 2Gb from a friend for 90.

newbcake

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

I am not overclocking and the noise does not necessarily bother me, but if you say those temperatures are normal (65c was the highest I have seen, and this was in Borderlands 2 on MAX settings) then I will stick with stock cooler for the time being. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.