  • Format
Last response: in Brands
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 8:51:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

I have taken a 20 second clip of a .wav file, changed the attributes to
8.000kHz, 8bit Mono and saved it, then changed the extension to .mid (plays
ok in winamp/media player) When I send it to my Nokia 6170 i get the error
"file format unsupported".
Does anyone know why this is happening? Or what i need to change during
saving to enable the file to be played.
I use Nero wave editor to clip the file and save as..
Thanks in advance.

More about : 6170 mid unknown format

April 23, 2005 11:09:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:51:23 GMT, "Hex9hector"
<hex9hector@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I have taken a 20 second clip of a .wav file, changed the attributes to
>8.000kHz, 8bit Mono and saved it, then changed the extension to .mid (plays
>ok in winamp/media player) When I send it to my Nokia 6170 i get the error
>"file format unsupported".
>Does anyone know why this is happening? Or what i need to change during
>saving to enable the file to be played.
>I use Nero wave editor to clip the file and save as..
>Thanks in advance.

If you know for sure it is to be a MID file, then you need a midi
editor. a MID file is a digital data file. ANY wav file is aN ANALOG
type file. Even MP3's are essentially analog. To use a sound on a
computer and play it as a MID file a wave file can be converted. just
changing the extension will not work.

Billy, N5WE
Mississippi