Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Have a Razer Blade with a

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 26, 2013 11:37:24 AM

I want to upgrade my graphics card on my Razer Blade but I dont now if I can, or how. Can some of you guys help me out?

These are my current specs:

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
Dual Core w/ Hyper-Threading – 64Bit
CPU: 2.8GHz (Base) / 3.5GHz (Turbo)

Chipset

Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Memory

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz

Graphics and Video

Integrated Intel® GMA HD – Mobile Mode
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 2GB DDR5
VRAM Using NVIDIA Optimus™ Technology

I am looking for a better card than the 555m but I dont know which one I should get, and I dont even know how to install it on my blade.

More about : razer blade

a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 12:42:00 PM

you cant upgrade laptop graphics, in laptops you can change out the processor, ram, hard drive, wireless card and thats about it
February 26, 2013 12:54:00 PM

alvine said:
you cant upgrade laptop graphics, in laptops you can change out the processor, ram, hard drive, wireless card and thats about it

So there is no way to upgrade it?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 12:58:18 PM

no you cant upgrade graphics and if you open it your warranty will be void
if you need portability get a basic netbook and then have a desktop at home to game from
February 26, 2013 1:11:27 PM

alvine said:
no you cant upgrade graphics and if you open it your warranty will be void
if you need portability get a basic netbook and then have a desktop at home to game from

Why cant I uprgade it? I have been doing some research and it looks like I should be able to.
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 2:05:37 PM

Only laptops with mxm slots for the GPU can be upgraded. Usually these are only found in like Alienware laptops, and pretty much no other brands if I recall correctly.

Other brands have the GPU soldered into the motherboard, making it impossible to remove/upgrade.

What research did you come across that leads you to believe it's possible? I'm curious.
!