Sign in with
Your question

Problem with graphic card and display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 4:58:42 PM

hello, I have recently custom built a PC but the only problem is that my graphics card won't work with it, when ever playing games and sometimes just on the desktop screen weird colours appear and the whole screen turns black then crashes

I have:
AMD A6-3670K with HD Radeon 6530D
4gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
Asrock A75M
PSU- Storm 600w

Thank you :) 
a c 200 U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 6:08:04 PM

Quote:
hello, I have recently custom built a PC but the only problem is that my graphics card won't work with it, when ever playing games and sometimes just on the desktop screen weird colours appear and the whole screen turns black then crashes

I have:
AMD A6-3670K with HD Radeon 6530D
4gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit
Asrock A75M
PSU- Storm 600w

Thank you :) 

try another power supply. if the power supply 12v legs is weak you have issues. read the 12v info of your power supply see if it has one or more legs. most new gaming power supplys have one large 12v leg. if your mb and cpu has build in check that the mb has the newest bios. also change the video ram size to max. with games with a entry level gpu that you have turn down the video settings to low in the games.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 7:38:09 PM

My mobo bios is the latest update and my power supply has dual rails with 21 amps at 12v. But my graphics card requires only 18 amps, so my power supply should work. I have a feeling that it might be to do with the chipsets of the mobo and graphics card not working together properly? As it is an AMD mobo and Nvidia gpu.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
February 26, 2013 7:50:44 PM

And by the way, the graphics card I am trying to run is Zotac Synergy Edition 1gb GT640
!