Hey guys, I currently have a single GTX 570 that I am using, and I found myself needing more memory.
Seeing as the 570s are no longer made, I was wondering if it would be better to buy an additional used 570 and SLI them (I found one for $180, though I would probably be able to negotiate more), or wait until the 700 or 800 GTX series comes out (or the AMD equivalent).
If I upgraded, I may or may not get 2 to SLI, depends on the price and my budget at the time.
Like the other guy said, if you don't have a 2.5gb 570, I wouldn't sli. You will get pretty major bottlenecks. You could also upgrade to a 7970ghz, but it might now be a bad idea to wait if you feel happy with the quality you are getting right now.
I vote for getting 1 strong card instead of 2 of the same cards because not all games scale properly with 2 cards. Plus, you might have forgotten that 5xxGTX series consumes TONS of power, you'll need at least a 850/950w PSU, if you don't have one already, don't bother upgrading it now just to get a second card, just wait for the new releases