HIGH Gpu temps ! Very scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

estemar20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
i got a icooler HIS 7770 which is supposed to be cooler and quieter but when i play a game the ggu temps go to 100 degrees and im very scared. fan speed goes 100 percent. i have an e6600 with a q6600 on the way but im very scared. COuld it be my psu there is no crashes or reboots just high temps. my psu is 375 on a dell xps 410 PLease help and thank you !

Solution
Yea. Id send it back as defective. if the store does not cooperate then RMA with manufacturer. it should be nowhere near that temp. Maybe a bad paste application or miss-seated cooler.

if you are considering switching manufactures I've had a great experience with sapphire and they are an AMD board partner. But it's probably just one bad card. Can happen to anyone

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
You DO need a higher wattage PSU but I dont think that would be causing your temps. Is this the sealed iceQ card that blows out the back of the case? If so your temps should NOT get that high unless you overclocked the card massively.

G

Don't know if this is helpful but i have a sapphire vapor x oc 1gb 7770 and it runs at 60 degrees Celsius on high load, your psu seems to be very low for the card btw, its recommended on amd website to have at least 500W psu, could well be that your psu is under huge strain from the card

Yea. Id send it back as defective. if the store does not cooperate then RMA with manufacturer. it should be nowhere near that temp. Maybe a bad paste application or miss-seated cooler.

if you are considering switching manufactures I've had a great experience with sapphire and they are an AMD board partner. But it's probably just one bad card. Can happen to anyone

Solution

if you have the info on the PSU especially the 12V rail we can comment. But if it has the pcie connectors it's probably fine.it might cause crashes if it was too low. But NOT high temps

Status
Not open for further replies.