Sign in with
Your question

My laptop stopped connecting to wireless network but others can

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
March 18, 2012 12:49:45 PM

my hp laptop suddenly will not connect to our wireless router. It was fine but now it just stopped connecting. It says wireless connections are available but will not connect to ours. My husbands laptop has not been affected. We have tried everything...resetting the router (multiple times), reinstalling the router. I have not tried to connect anywhere else yet but that is something I am going to try today. What could have happened to the laptop for it to suddenly stop connecting?
September 5, 2012 10:09:45 PM

You might've switched off the wireless button. There's a key button, above the number 2 key button and it looks like a TOWER. Click that or the F2 button
m
l
October 28, 2013 10:10:31 AM

no thats not the problem i have already tried that
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2014 12:10:19 PM

I just bought a brand new hp envy laptop a month ago. It worked for a week and then wouldn't connect to my wifi. Both our tablets worked so I sat and troubleshooted from them for 2 days. Checked driver updates and all sorts of bs trouble shooting. disconnected our router. Called our ISP. Still no change. I decided to take it for a ride. I sat in the mcdonalds parking lot and connected quickly and connection was perfect. sent a few msgs and came back home. unplugged our router completely. DISABLED the wifi on our the laptop. Plugged the router in again and enabled the wifi on hp. took a minute, and i let the laptop find the new signal from the router on it's own. IT WORKED! haven't had an issue for the last 2 weeks. During my adventures on google trying to figure this out i ran into soooo many thread regarding hp's and wifi. Some were fixed through random different actions. But most were not figured out. There seems to be a huge problem. If your computer is not picking up wifi anywhere and you're sure your drivers are up to date and your wifi in enabled correctly, i read some have used a wifi tongle and it works just fine. hope this helps the next crazy manic google searcher.
m
l
March 30, 2014 3:59:47 PM

LunaC said:
I just bought a brand new hp envy laptop a month ago. It worked for a week and then wouldn't connect to my wifi. Both our tablets worked so I sat and troubleshooted from them for 2 days. Checked driver updates and all sorts of bs trouble shooting. disconnected our router. Called our ISP. Still no change. I decided to take it for a ride. I sat in the mcdonalds parking lot and connected quickly and connection was perfect. sent a few msgs and came back home. unplugged our router completely. DISABLED the wifi on our the laptop. Plugged the router in again and enabled the wifi on hp. took a minute, and i let the laptop find the new signal from the router on it's own. IT WORKED! haven't had an issue for the last 2 weeks. During my adventures on google trying to figure this out i ran into soooo many thread regarding hp's and wifi. Some were fixed through random different actions. But most were not figured out. There seems to be a huge problem. If your computer is not picking up wifi anywhere and you're sure your drivers are up to date and your wifi in enabled correctly, i read some have used a wifi tongle and it works just fine. hope this helps the next crazy manic google searcher.

Actually, I bought a USB wifi devic the and now my Internet always works fine.. Though I am still uncertain why the router rejects my laptop's built in wifi
m
l
Related resources
!