XFX Radeon 7850 2gb

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
How well would this video card run Eyefinity with 3 monitors with 1600x900 resolution each?

Im thinking about buying it soon, along with 2 more monitors to match my current one

Thanks

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Playing games..

I currently have a 550ti (Got it over a year ago for 90$) and I can max out BF3 and get no less then 40FPS

I can flip it over to a 1080p tv and get about the same on high

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I think you are going to need more than that. You can play games but you will not see good FPS. So your best bet will be to grab a 670 or 7970 and 7970 is the best option at the moment due to price, higher OC capabilities, good amount of vRAM. So step it up and grab either a 7950 or 7970 and if you can find a good yet cheap 670 get it but 7850 won't cut it.

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Im only wanting high graphics no lower than 40fps...

It couldn't do that? I've read of some people doing t at 1080p... Im at less then that... Sorry if I dont make much sense right now, been a long week with little to no sleep

larkspur

Distinguished
For almost two years I've used a single 6970 2gb with three 1600x1200 monitors in eyefinity. The 6970 is similar in performance to the 7850 2gb. At this level of GPU performance, high resolutions are very possible, but demanding games require reduced settings to get playable framerates.

If you require ultra settings then you'll want to get something more powerful. If you are willing to accept reductions in game settings it'll work fine. Likewise, if you are the type of gamer that requires 60 fps at all times, you will want to get something more powerful.

With each game I usually spend about a hour tweaking individual settings and in today's games can get medium to high settings with a little MSAA and no less than 40fps (I'm not very picky but anything less is noticeably less-smooth to me). My point is that if you are the kind of gamer that is willing to sacrifice game settings for some awesome peripheral views, you can tweak the settings down or up to get smooth-enough play.

Another thing to remember is that if a particular game isn't running well-enough (or doesn't work on three screens) then you simply play it on your single center screen like you're doing right now - just set the in-game resolution to 1600x900.

One more thing - while the 7850 2gb is a good card, you will find that you pretty much want as much as you can get when you go triple monitor resolution. I'd love to just max out games, but alas, I'm not a millionaire. For the past year I've salivated over a 7970 or a 680/670 but decided to wait it out. From what I've read, it looks like a long wait for the next gen cards though. If you can squeeze out a 7950 or 7970 you'd be happier with the performance methinks. The 7850 2gb and my 6970 do great, but I think you should pick up a 7970, then save up for the extra two monitors and rock out the triple screens then.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012

Exaclty why I told him/her to grab a better card if he/she wants to max out the games at higher settings across 3 monitors.

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Thanks for that reply.

I would gladly sacrifice Ultra settings for Eyefinity. So much cooler.

Im not one of those gamers who needs the ultra qualities (But they sure are nice o.o)

My knowledge doesn't extend greatly, as I am not a professional, but I do know a lot... If you can get Medium to high with 3 1600x1200 displays I think I could do the same/better (Probably better?) with 1600x900 monitors... I have seen people on youtube with the 1gb version running 3 1080p monitors playing BF3 on medium-high (Half of the settings are high, half are medium..) on BF3...

Another thing to help is I haven't been playing much BF3... Pretty much just COD.. Love both but none of my friends play BF3

And yes, I have caught myself salivating over the high end graphics cards. Especially with the new GTX Titan... Sexy and powerful... But it cots more then my whole build (If you were to build it now).. Doesn't help that I am 15.. Hard to pay for stuff.. Can't work when I have school

Again, sorry if I don't make sense... Not sure if I said this already but ive had a rough week with basically no sleep...

McLubbin

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
And that's why I'm a member :D

So correct me if I am wrong (Its getting later and I dont have any more energy drinks) I would be at 4800x800? 4800 wide 800 tall?

And plus, whats great, is the monitor I have has a thin bezel (1/2 inch) so there will only be an inch between monitors.. Thats pretty good for a 99$ monitor..