Sign in with
Your question

Red/Orange light

Last response: in Networking
April 3, 2012 12:46:13 PM

Hello,
I dont knowwhats wrong, the small LED light on the back of my pc that shows my ethernet cable is connected is red/orange. Its supposed 2 be green. my motherboard is asus P5K-SE

More about : red orange light

April 3, 2012 3:06:54 PM

There are two LEDs just above the Ethernet port, one upper right (indicates speed of connection) the other upper left (indicates activity level).

For the speed LED, no color = 10mbps, orange = 100mpbs, green = gigabit
For the activity LED no color at all = no link, solid color = linked, blinking = data activity

m
l
April 3, 2012 5:50:41 PM

RealBeast said:
There are two LEDs just above the Ethernet port, one upper right (indicates speed of connection) the other upper left (indicates activity level).

For the speed LED, no color = 10mbps, orange = 100mpbs, green = gigabit
For the activity LED no color at all = no link, solid color = linked, blinking = data activity

Not looking this up, but I thought that green was 100, at least in all the cards I have seen, and red/orange was 1 gig. I remember thinking there was some error on the port when I first used 1 gig ethernet, looked up the card info, and turned out it was just a 1 gig indicator.

And about the original post, are you having issues or just wondering about the colors?
m
l
April 3, 2012 5:58:49 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Not looking this up, but I thought that green was 100, at least in all the cards I have seen, and red/orange was 1 gig. I remember thinking there was some error on the port when I first used 1 gig ethernet, looked up the card info, and turned out it was just a 1 gig indicator.

And about the original post, are you having issues or just wondering about the colors?

My information comes from the OPs motherboard manual, so is correct for that particular motherboard. Of course other motherboards and devices have varying schemes for LEDs.
m
l
!