About Graphic card

Hello,

I just bought Crysis 3 but couldnt play it becoz of DX 11 and want to upgrade my PC and need some suggestions about this .

OLD PC SPECS :

Processor :Intel Core 2 Duo
Mother Board : Essential Series
Graphic Card : Zotac Nvidia 9600GT 512MB
RAM : 2GB

Presently looking to buy :

MotherBoard : Gigabyte (Dont Knw much abt this please suggest )
Processor : Intel i5 or i3 (Couldn't decide)
Graphic Card : Zotac Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB/2GB or Zotac Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB Amp Edition .
Ram : 4GB

Hw much PSU and cooler does this rig need to get working in good condition.

I m looking to spend 20k INR or 400$ for this and would like to make sure this would last for at least 2-3yrs.I m usually much into gaming and would use it sometimes for photoshop purpose.
4 answers Last reply
More about about graphic card
  1. Quote:
    Hello,

I just bought Crysis 3 but couldnt play it becoz of DX 11 and want to upgrade my PC and need some suggestions about this .

OLD PC SPECS :

Processor :Intel Core 2 Duo
    Mother Board : Essential Series
    Graphic Card : Zotac Nvidia 9600GT 512MB
    RAM : 2GB

Presently looking to buy :

MotherBoard : Gigabyte (Dont Knw much abt this please suggest )
    Processor : Intel i5 or i3 (Couldn't decide)
    Graphic Card : Zotac Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB/2GB or Zotac Nvidia GTX 650 Ti 1GB Amp Edition .
    Ram : 4GB

Hw much PSU and cooler does this rig need to get working in good condition.

I m looking to spend 20k INR or 400$ for this and would like to make sure this would last for at least 2-3yrs.I m usually much into gaming and would use it sometimes for photoshop purpose.

with the intel cpu get a locked cpu to save yourself some cash. the k chips are for people that going to over clock there system. with a lock cpu get a h77 mb micro atx to save some cash.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130648
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157303
    for the video card by the standard 650ti with 2g of ram if you can if not look into amd 7870/7850 the 7870 is just as fast as the 650ti.
    for ram try and get 8gb more system ram the better the os/games will run.
    the stock heat sink will work fine if you dont over clock. if you want a better one then use one that looks like this.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  2. while 650Ti is ok, it is not great, so do not expect much esp with crysis. even my 670 could not sustain 50+ (beta), it is at 40-60 fps.

if you plan to oc, get the extreme4 (z77) of asrock. or if low on budget, check out z77 pro3 asrock.
  3. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    About Graphic card
  4. Thanks for ur suggestions .I heard that AMD have some heat issues and need cooler atmosphere .So is it that good to go for AMD 7870/7850 or Nvidia 650 Ti series ?

And so about Processor which is the best i3 or i5 ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Zotac Nvidia Graphics Product