[SOLVED] 7850 PC crashes while gaming

G

Just upgraded to a XFX 7850 yesterday, and it's giving me hell right now. Whenever I try and run a game, everything works perfectly for the first few minutes, then after a bit, my PC cuts off and turns itself back on.. almost like the power was interrupted for just a split second.

I've tried Far Cry 3, Skyrim, League of Legends, and Just Cause 2. All crash, but all last varying lengths of time before the crash. Seemingly, the more visually intense the program is, the faster it crashes (Leauge played the longest, FC3 the shortest) and this was never a problem before with my old GPU (a dinky 610 that came with the PC.)

Also, the computer seems to run fine until I try and run a game. Absolutely no issues outside of trying to run games. I believe the power supply to be the main culprit, but it is a 500w PS (the minimum wattage recommended) so I still have doubts there. I removed all the old drivers in safemode with driver cleaner, I reinstalled catalyst 3 times (most recently tried the beta to see if it gave any different results), and made sure it's not getting to hot inside the case.

Anyone have any ideas? I've seen other people with this problem on forums but haven't found one that was resolved. Definitely sounds like a more unique problem than most people have with this card.

Processor / CPU AMD FX 6100
Mainboard AMD 760G
PSU 500W
Memory 4 GB
OS WINDOWS 8

G

Change your psu asap

Just have a sick feeling that I'll upgrade my PSU and the problem will continue. Honestly not sure what else it could be... Fairly confident it isn't the card (though might RMA it just in case?) since games look good while they last.

G

The label says it's a "Turbolink ATX-TL 500w-BK". Googled around some, seems like a likely culprit.

G

ordered a Rosewill Capstone-650-M 650W. It's rated 80+ gold and should give me more power than I'll ever really need, even if i do a crossfire setup down the road. I'll update this when i get it and let you know how the computer does.

G

ordered a Rosewill Capstone-650-M 650W. It's rated 80+ gold and should give me more power than I'll ever really need, even if i do a crossfire setup down the road. I'll update this when i get it and let you know how the computer does.

G

G

Good news! I've installed the new power supply, and I've yet to see even a minor hiccup. Games look breathtaking and run without crashing the system. Thanks for the suggestions with the PSU being the issue.