Using new graphics card together with integrated card.

s323790r

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I recently purchased a Gateway DX4870-UB17 with an Intel 3rd Gen i3 Core that came with an integrated graphics chipset, allowing both HDMI and VGA outputs. I decided to use a Diamond Radeon HD 6450 PCIe x16 card I had purchased recently to allow for me to hook up a 3rd monitor which I have been using on my old computer.

Once I installed the new Radeon, the integrated graphics are no longer detected, and it seems (from what I have been playing around with) that I am unable to use both the integrated and the new card together, as I had been able to do in the past on other computers.

Does anyone know if this is possible and could possibly point me in the correct direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Almost a Virgin

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
s323790r:
The manual online does not specify, and the computer came with nothing more than a fold-out of how to "plug in the computer

Almost a Virgin:
I think I bought the same card as you, if so in the included instructions it states to refer to page 8 if your system has integrated graphics. On page 8 the instructions continue to explain how to disable the integrated...sO I am assuming NO they can not be used at the same time with that particular FX card.