tivo and moxi

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
March 21, 2005 3:58:10 PM

I just heard the adelphia is offering a new dvr with moxi(software). I
need a 2nd dvr. Does anyone know the major feature differences between
tivo & this moxi dvr?

More about : tivo moxi

March 21, 2005 7:50:11 PM

On 21 Mar 2005 12:58:10 -0800, "tivogirl2" <lctt707@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I just heard the adelphia is offering a new dvr with moxi(software). I
>need a 2nd dvr. Does anyone know the major feature differences between
>tivo & this moxi dvr?

No doubt the cable DVR is more advanced than the archaic standalone
Tivo's.

Probably HD. multiple tuners. all kinds of stuff cable Tivo's will
lack until the Comcast developers bring them up to speed.

Sean
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:50:12 PM

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:50:11 -0500, Sean wrote:

> No doubt the cable DVR is more advanced than the archaic standalone
> Tivo's.

Sean is a troll. Don't listen to him.

The TiVo UI is far more refined, and the overall experience is more
pleasant with a TiVo.

--
Lenroc
March 21, 2005 8:13:06 PM

Lenroc wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:50:11 -0500, Sean wrote:
>
> > No doubt the cable DVR is more advanced than the archaic standalone
> > Tivo's.
>
> Sean is a troll. Don't listen to him.
>
> The TiVo UI is far more refined, and the overall experience is more
> pleasant with a TiVo.
>
> --
> Lenroc

Sean is cock.
March 22, 2005 1:54:00 PM

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:28:03 -0700, Lenroc
<lenroc@NOSPAMFORYOU.hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:50:11 -0500, Sean wrote:
>
>> No doubt the cable DVR is more advanced than the archaic standalone
>> Tivo's.
>
>Sean is a troll. Don't listen to him.
>
>The TiVo UI is far more refined, and the overall experience is more
>pleasant with a TiVo.

It's not as pleasant as mine is. HDTV, Full Dolby 5.1 2 tuners, etc.
etc.

Don't listen to the Tivo rumpswabs in this NG.

Sean
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:13:40 PM

> I just heard the adelphia is offering a new dvr with moxi(software). I
> need a 2nd dvr. Does anyone know the major feature differences between
> tivo & this moxi dvr?

New players are always a good thing. But given the track record of cable
companies I wouldn't get my expectations up. Thus far all cable box DVRs
pale in comparison to how easy to use and reliable Tivo services have been.
There's always a change something new could develop but they've got a long
way to go to catch up to Tivo.
March 22, 2005 4:02:43 PM

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:13:40 -0500, "wkearney99"
<wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I just heard the adelphia is offering a new dvr with moxi(software). I
>> need a 2nd dvr. Does anyone know the major feature differences between
>> tivo & this moxi dvr?
>
>New players are always a good thing. But given the track record of cable
>companies I wouldn't get my expectations up. Thus far all cable box DVRs
>pale in comparison to how easy to use and reliable Tivo services have been.
>There's always a change something new could develop but they've got a long
>way to go to catch up to Tivo.

Yes. How true. And the US Military has yet to take over the Baghdad
Airport.

Good to see that Baghdad Bob is still with us.

Sean
!