Has my Linksys WRT54GS finally kicked the bucket?

PatrickGSR94

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
I've been using a Linksys WRT54GSV4 router since November 2005, and have rarely had any problems with it. Now today after the power went out, devices cannot connect to the internet.

My PC connected directly to the cable modem results in internet connectivity.
My PC connected to the router allows router access through 192.168.1.1.
My PC connected to the router can NOT access the internet or otherwise get out to the modem.
WiFi devices in the house cannot connect to the internet, but can still access the router through 192.168.1.1.
Swapping cables results in the same behavior, so the PC can connect to the modem with either cable, and the computer can connect to the router with either cable. So the cables are good.

Could there just be some router issue that's not letting anything out past it or anything in from the modem?

skaz

Distinguished
With everything plugged in except the power to the router and modem, try to first start the modem. Wait for all LED lights to illuminate indicating connectivity. Then connect power to the router.

Any luck?

Were these devices not hooked up to a surge suppressor? Is that why you think something may be damaged like the WAN port on the router?