Sign in with
Your question

What the HELL is this? Please take a look.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2013 9:09:31 PM

http://postimage.org/image/fcer8arwv/
http://postimage.org/image/qgapxzwz9/

What's going on in that picture? I OC'd my 7970 and it's running at 70 degrees in that picture but...what's with the screen? I can reduce the clock speed a lot and it still happens, is this a driver issue?

Please help, this card is like 5 hours old. D:

More about : hell

a b U Graphics card
February 27, 2013 9:19:06 PM

Looks like you clocked your GPU too high. Reset it too stock and see if it still happens. If it does, reinstall Haven Benchmark. If it stilll does it RMA your card....
February 27, 2013 9:20:32 PM

yamahahornist said:
Looks like you clocked your GPU too high. Reset it too stock and see if it still happens. If it does, reinstall Haven Benchmark. If it stilll does it RMA your card....

It was a light OC on default voltage, it held up fine untill it went all weird and it's happening in other 3D stuff too.
Related resources
February 27, 2013 9:39:45 PM

Alright, restart fixed the issue, looking into why it happened in the first place, any help on the matter would be highly appreciated.
March 1, 2013 8:40:59 PM

yamahahornist said:

Alright, when I'm playing Smite the game crashes to black and then comes back after 10-20 seconds and after that I get this thing happening again but the game still works and the temp isn't even high...
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2013 8:42:41 PM

Just because the temperature is fine doesn't mean its stable. Try bumping up the voltage slightly or just settle with a lower clock speed.
March 1, 2013 8:55:01 PM

cookybiscuit said:
Just because the temperature is fine doesn't mean its stable. Try bumping up the voltage slightly or just settle with a lower clock speed.

But I can run Unigine for 40 minutes on Extreme with 0 issues and play BF3 on ultra at 60 fps stable for 3 hours without going over 70% (usually 60%) load and not encountering any issues. Smite is a very easy game to run even on highest settings, why is this happening?

Could the issue be with a bad motherboard? I'm using a B75M...
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2013 9:05:55 PM

Well in some cases you can be stable in 3dmark11, in Unigine heaven, and various other benchmarks but crash in a game. So just because its stable in benchmarks doesn't mean its stable overall. Try cookybiscuit's advice, but watch your voltage and temps.

Did you have a different GPU in your motherboard before the hd7970? If the previous GPU worked fine than its not likely your motherboard.

Also when your card is at stock settings, do you experience any crashes? If you don't then its very likely just an unstable OC.

Also do you have the latest drivers installed?

Hope this helps!
March 1, 2013 9:58:13 PM

I'll give it a shot, I'm using beta drivers, this PC is just built and this is the first card in it.
March 1, 2013 10:01:12 PM

I'll give it a shot, I'm using beta drivers, this PC is just built and this is the first card in it.

By the way this has only happened on Unigine once and twice in Smite, a VERY low rent game...
March 2, 2013 12:11:14 AM

Happened again, this is getting silly.
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2013 3:14:10 PM

Hey,

does it continue to happen even when you reset your card to stock clock speeds and voltages?
March 2, 2013 10:22:06 PM

fil1p said:
Hey,

does it continue to happen even when you reset your card to stock clock speeds and voltages?

I actually increased the voltage a tiny bit and added another fan and it seems to be doing OK so far...But it happens and I reduce the clock speed it still doesn't go back to stock it carries on...
!