Planning to upgrade GPU - need native HDMI

g-unit1111

Titan
My current GTX 470 (used in work configuration) is a decent GPU but does not have HDMI, and I'd like to have that to be able to connect my system to the conference room TVs. So I'm thinking of the EVGA 660 (no real need for TI) or the Gigabyte / MSI models. I'd like to stick with EVGA for CUDA and Phys X but I'm definitely open to going Radeon as my home system has it.

Forgot to specify my budget is less than $250. The less expensive the better.

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
So your choices are the 660 or the 7870 (or 7870 xt/le/myst). It seems you like what nvidia offers, so you kind of answered your own question there. As for the brand, you seem to like evga, but I would just get whatever is the best deal among the brands you like.

popatim

Titan
cuda and physx is a function of the nvidia cgraphics ship being used, not evga.
The 660 is a good card.

what 470 fo you have that doesnt have an hdmi port? I thought they all did.
Check above the dvi port(s) theres probably a mini hdmi that you overlooked. There should be an adapter (to mate with full size hdmi cable) that came with the card if you have it.

edit - i just saw your links in your sig... Yes you have the mini HDMI port I was talking about.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I've found the mini HDMI isn't really the best connector especially for BD-R playback. I saw the EVGA 660 at Tiger Direct for $199, I think I will order it there.