Revised -- what means "300 Watt amplifier"

Last response: in Home Audio
November 5, 2004 8:09:03 PM

An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 8:09:04 PM

"mathedman" wrote ...
> An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
> Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
> and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
> What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

What is the model number? (again!)
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:28:18 AM

mathedman wrote:

> An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
> Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
> and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
> What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

Insufficient info to say.

What's the big secret about the model number btw ?

Graham
November 6, 2004 2:11:45 AM

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:09:03 GMT, mathedman@hotmail.CUT.com
(mathedman) wrote:

> An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
>Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
>and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
> What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

1. Why do you want to know that?
2. Why do you think we know?
3. Why don't you tell us the stinkin' model number?
4. Why are you such... ah forget it.

OK, you bought it from someone you don't know in a place you forgot at
a bargain price and want it to sell it to your favourite second-hand
person and tell him about it's features. Is that it?

Per.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 3:06:00 AM

(mathedman) wrote:

> An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
>Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
>and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
> What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

Why won't you tell us the model number?

"300 watts" is marketing-talk. It means almost nothing.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 4:03:39 AM

In article <418bb297.993383@netnews.worldnet.att.net>, mathedman
<mathedman@hotmail.CUT.com> wrote:

> An 80s vintage SONY AV amplifier calllls itself as a " 300 Watt
> Amplifier ". It has a video in and out, a DRLC in and out
> and 6 speaker channels. I have no manual.
> What is the maximum power output to a speaker channel ?

Assuming a direct short from the AC plug to the speaker jack,
the maximum would be 1800 watts (15 amps at 120 VAC).

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708 john@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications http://www.johnweeks.com