Amd radeon 7970 bios flash to ghz edition problem

dragan_74

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
hello for all,i alwredy flashed my card amd radeon 7970 to ghz edition bios whithout a problem.but after some days i notice small frezzings in gamming that i suspect have to do whit voltage corruption,then i tryed to flash back to original bios alwredy some 15 days every day but no sucess.i use bootable usb i follow all instructions how to format usb to be bootable and all of neccecarys programs.but when i am in the prompt menu in usb boot i am typing atiflash.exe -f -p 0 ghzbios.rom and gote everytime a bad command file or invalid file .
men i dont know what to do any more
help me folks if somebody have some video whit instrctiones will be nice.
thanks for all

sorry, I can't offer assistance, but I do have a question:

Why did you flash to the Ghz edition bios to begin with? and if you saw any performance difference that couldn't be achieved through conventionally overclocking. at least on paper, flashing the Bios to GHz edition doesn't actually unlock anything on the card

dragan_74

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

hi man it unlocked clocks from 925 to 1050 and add also power boost which is 1000 to 1050 but after some day is starting to have small movment frizings in games like black ops 2 and battelfield i mean small frizings,from there i figure that i have some bios conflict maybe and i was trayed to reflash to original bios but no luck
you now is to late to go back and i am a little woried about how i will reflash this bios to original
i think evveryday the frizings are worse and worse.when i swich to original bios also frizings and also in ghz bios mode also the same thing.
men i am woried how to reflash this ghz bios to original
i alwredy have a nootable usb and in there original bios and atiflash but when i try in prompt command to type atiflash-f0 ghzbios.rom i got bad file invalid message.

no need to flash bios.just normally oc the card. if you need more voltage manually do it as well. i heard that the ghz ediotion were using slightly different silicon than normal 7970. if that's the case then it might explain the problem you're having

dragan_74

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

hello there i understud your opinion and respect but i want to reflash to stock bios and i cant there is a problem i dont want this ghz bios any more in my card but no luck

one thought:

I just remembered most Tahiti cards came with two BIOS, a main one and a backup. there is a tiny switch to go back and forth next to the crossfire fingers. I'm hoping you haven't messed with the backup BIOS?

dragan_74

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

i know my card have 2 bios is on the grafic card is small swich.ok and i flashed a unprotected bios,another bios is impossible to flash beacose is protected bios.i know that but the problem is how i will reflash the ghz bios which is not protected and there i put a ghz bios whit no problems but now i dont know how to reflash