Sign in with
Your question

0xc00000e9 and No Virtual Disk.... Related?

Last response: in Windows 7
March 28, 2012 1:13:22 AM

Hello,

I came home from work today and started my computer and received the blue screen of death. The computer restarted and gave me the option to boot in safe mode. When I tried to boot in safe mode I received this error

Windows has encountered a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer. This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an USB drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

I did not have a USB storage device connected to my computer recently.

The other thing I noticed is that when I start my computer the first screen that pops up shows my Virtual disk as "No virtual Disk" and my physical disk as my SATA SAMSUNG 1TB hard drive. I have Windows 7 64 bit installed on a separate SSD drive, but it is not listed in this start up. Unfortunately, I never pay attention to this first screen, so I can't recall if my SSD drive has ever been listed.

So my questions are....

1.) What is a Virtual Disk? And is it normal for it to not be there? I can't recall if my computer has always said no virtual disk in this menu.

2.) What are some steps to diagnose my problem? By reading other posts I think its either my hard drive dying on me, or my motherboard messing up.

Any other useful information will be helpful. I am unable to boot the computer in safe mode, and I put in my OEM windows disk to see if i can reformat, but the computer never recognizes it.

!