Will GTA V work on my PC?

Zain_Rocks

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I have a new PC [Specs in the spoiler] which my dad bought me. I know Core 2 Duo isn't that good but he bought me it so I can't say no now and I am stuck with it (so I can't get a upgrade to Core 2 Quad, i3 etc). Now by May 15, my exams end and I can buy a Graphics Card. So what should I do?

1) Spend the whole summer with same old boring games but save up till 10,000 PKR and buy a Radeon HD7750 1 GB, GDDR5 (or should I buy a GT640?) which in short is this, bit.ly/XHt9w4 for games like GTA V but risk my PC not supporting it. :\

2) Buy a GT630 early, play GTA IV and FIFA 13 and save some money. [6000 PKR].

If you can see through the czone site in the bit.ly link and suggest me a card in that currency (My range is max till 7k in that site) that would be better.

My friend tells me buying a HD7750 will increase graphics, so if the minimum requirements is C2D 2.66 Ghz, it will add and run it. He also suggest to invest in HD7750 at the minimum, nothing less. Will the Radeon H7750 be enough for GTA V? Also, a little question I got. What is better. A used GT450 or GT460 or a GT640? Finally, can my CPU run 128-bit graphic cards & GDDR5 graphic cards? I mean it's DDR2 and 32-bit :\

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) (60 hertz [currently])
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A14
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Monitor: Samsung S20B300B 20" Wide LED Monitor[1600x900]
Card name: Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
Display Memory: 256 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 256 MB

a 7750 would be the way to go here. anything less won't last you long on PC gaming, especially with next-gen consoles coming out at the end of this year (meaning we expect a big jump in PC game requirements next year).

Meanwhile, with your budget so tight, why not just buy a console? a solid gaming PC for high-end games like GTX-V is never cheap

Zain_Rocks

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
By console I suppose you mean XBOX 360 and PS3. XBOX cost around 25000 (while HD7750 is 10000) and PS3 is more. And then the cost of the CDs, remote etc come in :\ (if I decide not to hack it).

there is VERY little info out so it would be hard to tell. judging by GTA IV you might be able to scrape by. the issue is not every company spends the time and money to properly convert a game made for console (Xbox 360 or PS3) to PC, so many games require much more PC resources than they really should. you would need a $200 or so graphics card and a good CPU to play GTA IV on PC, which is why I recommended just buying an xbox. in the long run, it's much cheaper

well, looking back at GTA IV again, it was horribly buggy when first released for PC and almost unplayable...

bignastyid

Titan
Even with a 7750 you will barely meet minimum(expected) system requirements which means the game will run, but probably not very well.
http://5gta.com/gta-5-news/gta-5-system-requirements.html These are only an estimate as rockstar has yet to release the actual system requirements since the game isnt even scheduled for release till September. I would just save your money till its a bit closer to release and then see what you can afford.

Zain_Rocks

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I am not really after GTA V here to be honest. I am just keeping it as a bench mark. I won't mind missing the 2014 games, but 2013 games I want atleast.
I would like to ask some questions. Suppose I scrap the idea of HD (save money for RAM or some thing else non-computer) and go for the budget GTs then where should I go? GT630/640 or GT450/460?
Can my CPU run 128-bit graphic cards & GDDR5 graphic cards? I mean it's DDR2 and 32-bit :\

Joross123

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
You should just either buy a console or save up for a new pc as if you spend money on something like a 7750, it won't last you very long, and now it only just plays modern games. After you are done with that you will have to buy a new pc anyway, upgrade PSU, motherboard ect you could save up for a new pc instead which would save you time and you will be glad in the long run, I have done this personally.

^+1

especially given that new consoles are coming out at the end of this year and the last generation of consoles lasted almost 10 years. if you can suck it up and stay with your current configuration until the end of the year and buy the new xbox or something, you'll be set for years to come. it's always easier to find an excuse to get extra money from your parents to get a new computer anyway (once your computer becomes outdated enough, you can upgrade for "school work" etc)