Trinity APU + discrete Radeon for two HDMI output?

miketanct

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hi,

I'm contemplating buying a 6670 card to run Dual Graphics mode with my APU (A10-5800K) on a MSI mobo (FM2-A85XA-G65). Besides gaining the Crossfire performance option, I'm also hoping to have both the onboard+discrete HDMI ports output to two separate devices. Is this possible?

I have tried adding a Nvida GTS250 card, but it caused the bios to automatically disable the onboard graphics and all its settings. So I'm concerned if a compatible 6670 card would also render the onboard HDMI port inactive.

Thanks.

miketanct

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I've found the answer to my own question above and the answer is yes.

I finally bought a used HD 6670 card despite the uncertainty, and found that both the onboard & discrete HDMI ports remain active so long as the Dual Graphics option is not enabled in AMD Vision Center (but enabled in bios). Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same thing.

PDocta1

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013

I love that I had just assumed that AMD's Eyefinity would be user friendly, fool-proof, and be compatible with AMD's Dual Graphics, but no, it seems that nothing will be easy for me in this build. After seeing how well my build performed with just the integrated graphics, then seeing how well it performed with just the discrete card, but not using both at once, I checked how well it performed using Dual Graphics and didn't see much improvement, but it was there. I assumed that since they advertise how easy it is to drive a many displays as you want and that even though both cards were acting like one, they would still utilize all of the available ports, but nope. Regardless, I figured it out yesterday before I could find this answer, except now I can't get the integrated HDMIs to have any audio functionality at all, just the discrete one.

Why can't things just be easy?