No sli in nvida control panel please help

mickwailes

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Hello,
Hello,
I am running Win 7 64bit, with 2 x asus gtx 560ti graphics card installed and sli bridge conected running on an asrock 990fx mobo with 16gb ram and raided hard drives with amd fx 8 core, all with latest drivers.
I cannot seem to find the sli fuction in the control panel even when instructed by nvidia and many other forums, please can you help

Oipractechie

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011

are you updated to the current nvidia drivers?

Think theyre currently on 314.07.

Try making sure both cards work individually; take it out of sli and test one, then if it works swap it out and test the other one.

Is the bridge damaged? try another bridge if possible.

Are both cards the same? a gtx 560 won't sli with a 560 ti. I think they have a different number of cores unlocked.

also what's the specs of your psu?

bucknutty

Distinguished
Make sure the cards are installed in PCI-E2 and PCI-E4. Thats the top 2 PCI-e slots. You should not be using the lowest slot.

See page 9 in your manual.
ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/990FX%20Extreme4.pdf

Make sure both cards are seated and have power. Maybe just give them a good wiggle to make sure they are in place.

Make sure both cards display if you go to control panel and device manager. If there is a resource conflict or some other issue you will see 1 card marked with a yellow! or red X.

In the Nvidia control panel the setting should look like this.
Option2.jpg

Notice the dot is in maximise 3d and the green bar on the bottom is pointing at both cards.