SiPix A6 Printer and Palm OS5

April 21, 2004 10:01:22 AM

Hello. I picked up a IR 'SiPix Pocket Printer A6' on a closeout. The
manufacturer has stopped supporting this model, and I can't get any
help from them. The problem I have is that the available drivers for
the printer are designed for Palm OS 3 & 4, and do not seem to work
with my Zire 71 and OS5. Is anyone using this IR printer successfully
with an OS5 Palm? If so, how? And does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cap

More about : sipix printer palm os5

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 7:50:49 PM

On 21 Apr 2004 06:01:22 -0700, Captain Wubba wrote...

> Hello. I picked up a IR 'SiPix Pocket Printer A6' on a closeout. The
> manufacturer has stopped supporting this model, and I can't get any
> help from them. The problem I have is that the available drivers for
> the printer are designed for Palm OS 3 & 4, and do not seem to work
> with my Zire 71 and OS5. Is anyone using this IR printer successfully
> with an OS5 Palm? If so, how? And does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cap

Did you try it with the supplied drivers? Many OS3 and 4 software works
great on OS 5.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1af0544141fd278b9896bf@news.frontiernet.net>...
> On 21 Apr 2004 06:01:22 -0700, Captain Wubba wrote...
>

> > Hello. I picked up a IR 'SiPix Pocket Printer A6' on a closeout. The
> > manufacturer has stopped supporting this model, and I can't get any
> > help from them. The problem I have is that the available drivers for
> > the printer are designed for Palm OS 3 & 4, and do not seem to work
> > with my Zire 71 and OS5. Is anyone using this IR printer successfully
> > with an OS5 Palm? If so, how? And does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Cap
> >

> Did you try it with the supplied drivers? Many OS3 and 4 software works
> great on OS 5.

Yep. Tried it. Tried the newest versions of the drivers, the ones that
came on CD, and several other IR printing programs. Apparently, the
problem is that IR printing is difficult or impossible from OS5 boxes,
or possible the Zire 71 specifically. I do appreciate the try, tho :)

Anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Cap
April 24, 2004 7:17:49 AM

captainwubba@excite.com (Captain Wubba) wrote:

>Hello. I picked up a IR 'SiPix Pocket Printer A6' on a closeout. The
>manufacturer has stopped supporting this model, and I can't get any
>help from them. The problem I have is that the available drivers for
>the printer are designed for Palm OS 3 & 4, and do not seem to work
>with my Zire 71 and OS5. Is anyone using this IR printer successfully
>with an OS5 Palm? If so, how? And does anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Cap

If the printer uses IRDA protocol, it *should* work with OS5. If it uses raw
IR, it won't - the hardware on the OS5 devices only supports IRDA. Check the
printer manual for the IR spec.

My SiPix works nicely (albeit slowly) with a IIIxe, V, and M125, all running
Palm OS 3.x or 4.x.

More about me: http://www.jecarter.com/
VB3/VB6/C/PowerBasic source code: http://www.jecarter.com/programs.html
Freeware for the Palm with NS Basic source code: http://nsb.jecarter.com
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/
johnecarter at@at mindspring dot.dot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.
January 15, 2009 7:38:47 PM

In the intervening almost 5 years, has ANYONE found a way to print from Palm OS 5 to this printer? I also have one of the printers. I have no clue as to the query mentioned above about raw IR vs. IRDA. Can anyone answer that question?

Meanwhile the printer sits idle. Help, please.
March 29, 2009 8:15:47 AM

R Herndon said:
In the intervening almost 5 years, has ANYONE found a way to print from Palm OS 5 to this printer? I also have one of the printers. I have no clue as to the query mentioned above about raw IR vs. IRDA. Can anyone answer that question?

Meanwhile the printer sits idle. Help, please.

Yes!
Is possible, I did it with my Palm OS 5 (Sony Cliè Tj-37); after a long search over the web I found this product/driver over the web http://www.tealpoint.com/softprnt.htm I installed the trial version, and it works!
I hope this may help,

Roberto R.
MindRevolver.com
Italy