My Dell Inspiron N5110 Bluetooth device nis not working, what should i do ?
I purchased my Dell Inspiron Core i5 N5110 a week ago. If once you get done installing your driver by choosing the wrong one, or not in proper order, you will have to reinstall your operating system because the Bluetooth driver once installed will not be uninstalled properly if you selected and installed the wrong driver. I installed my OS thrice then I came to know how should I install the OS and Drivers to make this machine 100% functional.
It might not be beneficial for someone but might be a complete solution for anyone, just try, my Wireless Driver problem, Bluetooth problem, PCI Simple Communication Controller error and mic problem were resolved by following the order of installation. There are almost approx 15 drivers that needs a restart of your machine, either asked or not, you should restart every time.
(All this is for Windows 7 x64 - Go to the Dell website and follow the order of the headings and the numbered order of the drivers - The procedure WORKED 100% FOR ME, there is no guarantee for the others)
1. Install OS with Service Pack 1
2. HM67 Express Chipset Family
3. USB 3.0 Host Controller
4. Management Engine Interface
5. RTS5138 Card Reader
6. Rapid Storage Technology
7. Dell System Software
DRIVERS FOR OS DEPLOYMENT
8. S2230MX Monitor (Copy the extracted files to the system 32 folder)
9. RTL8105E-VB 10/100 Ehternet Controller
10. Wireless 1702 802.11 b/g/n, BT 3.0+HS - September 9, 2011 - Version 184.108.40.2062, A03 (Do not install any other bluetooth driver otherwise, it would be conflicted and will not be uninstalled if not worked and the OS will need to be reinstalled and all the above procedure will be repeated)
11. Dell Driver
12. HD Graphics, HD Graphics 3000
13 nVidia GeForce GT 525M (I have the one built in, select as per your specs)
14. ALPS TouchPad
16. Dell Digital Delivery
17. Turbo Boost Technology Monitor
I hope I am not missing any driver and the above will definitely resolve the problem.