Sign in with
Your question

Windows auto boot into windows setup loop

Last response: in Windows 7
March 28, 2012 6:21:00 AM

Hello,

Yesterday I've reinstalled windows on my laptop, the only 'problem' was that on booting, the system lets you choose between windows 7 and windows xp setup. Windows xp setup was the default choice. Now when I was done installing windows 7, I wanted to get rid of the win xp setup boot option. In my control panel, I deselected the option for the boot selection screen where you can set the time. Now my pc got stuck in some kind of boot loop where it only boots into win xp setup. I don't know how to resolve this because the only option I have on booting is entering the bios... when I press f12 it should go to boot options, but it just goes automaticly to win xp setup... I'm out of idea's and I hope some of you guys can help me with this nasty problem.. thanks in advance
March 28, 2012 8:20:00 AM

If you want to remove the XP install from your laptop, the best way you can go about it is to reinstall Windows 7 and delete any partitions that already exist on your HDD.
Trying to find a work-around now will only hide the problem you have. If you are going to take the time to re install, its better to do a clean job and save yourself the headache later.
!