How to delay the audio on radio

I love to listen to our local guys on the radio announce the football
game while watching the video. But in this day of digital HDTV, the
TV source is FAR behind the radio broadcast, approx 5 seconds (radio
is before HDTV).

Is there any device to allow me to hook up to the tape in/out, which
will let me control a delay up to 5 or 10 seconds for the audio?
7 answers Last reply
More about delay audio radio

    On 08/11/04 15:22, Larry Bud wrote:

    > Is there any device to allow me to hook up to the tape in/out, which
    > will let me control a delay up to 5 or 10 seconds for the audio?

    Some new digital radios allow you to pause live radio - so you could
    just press pause for 5 seconds. Not quite what you're after but...

    Adam

    --
    Adam Richardson
    Email me at: monkeyadam~but.not.this.monkey~@ntlworld.com

    "Larry Bud" <larrybud2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I love to listen to our local guys on the radio announce the football
    > game while watching the video. But in this day of digital HDTV, the
    > TV source is FAR behind the radio broadcast, approx 5 seconds (radio
    > is before HDTV).
    >
    > Is there any device to allow me to hook up to the tape in/out, which
    > will let me control a delay up to 5 or 10 seconds for the audio?

    Sure, a digital audio delay.

    http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/DD-6/

    http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=D-TWO

    http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=AVA22D

    http://www.music123.com/Boss-DD6-Digital-Delay-Pedal-i79316.music

    http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=6000AT

    http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=BD500-100

    larrybud2002@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote in

    > I love to listen to our local guys on the radio announce the football
    > game while watching the video. But in this day of digital HDTV, the
    > TV source is FAR behind the radio broadcast, approx 5 seconds (radio
    > is before HDTV).
    >
    > Is there any device to allow me to hook up to the tape in/out, which
    > will let me control a delay up to 5 or 10 seconds for the audio?

    The first delay like that for video involved 2 quad decks, several
    coathangers, and a lot of tape hanging in the air. It was called the
    instant replay.

    It used to be done with a cart machine but cart machines are all but gone.
    For something that is a bit more modern, call a radio station that takes
    phone calls and puts them on the air.

    You can blame the FCC for most of this delay nonsense, not the technology.

    > "Larry Bud" <larrybud2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I love to listen to our local guys on the radio announce the football
    >> game while watching the video. But in this day of digital HDTV, the
    >> TV source is FAR behind the radio broadcast, approx 5 seconds (radio
    >> is before HDTV).
    >>
    >> Is there any device to allow me to hook up to the tape in/out, which
    >> will let me control a delay up to 5 or 10 seconds for the audio?
    >
    > Sure, a digital audio delay.
    >
    > http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/DD-6/
    >
    > http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=D-TWO
    >
    > http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=AVA22D
    >
    > http://www.music123.com/Boss-DD6-Digital-Delay-Pedal-i79316.music
    >
    > http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=6000AT
    >
    > http://www.bswusa.com/prod_item.asp?item=BD500-100

    Eventide BD500-100 List Price: $3,395.00, I know time is money but
    seriously guys ;-)

    "Mike Gilmour" wrote ...
    > Eventide BD500-100 List Price: $3,395.00, I know time is money but
    > seriously guys ;-)

    OTOH: Delay Play Radio http://delayplayradio.com/ $140

    But there is likely freeware software that will put your PC
    to work earning its living.
  6. With a few cables, a computer, and the free radiodelay software from http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/ I got this to work pretty easily.

    Simply connect your radio's headphone out jack to your computers microphone in jack, run the radiodelay software and select your delay (from 0.1sec to 19.9sec), and the delayed sound will be played over your computer speakers. Rather than use the computer speakers you could also connect the computer's headphone output to your home stereo. (in my case I have an Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro plugged into a USB port which connects over a TOSLINK optical cable to my home stereo, over which I then listen to the delayed audio).

    Now I'm all set to listen to the local sports announcers announce the games I'm watching on TV. If I could only use the delayed audio with my DVR now that would be cool :).
  7. Thanks so much! I;m able to tune KOA 850 via iHeart Radio and thus get the local radio audio with the HDTV and no extra hardware. Delay is a whopping 10 seconds. Zero cost and works perfectly, THANKS!

Audio Radio