Sign in with
Your question

Black Screen Underload

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 28, 2013 11:57:37 PM

Recently, with my new computer that i built about 2 months ago, my computer has been "Crashing". When it "Crashes" the screen will just turn off, but all fans and sound will still be running. This Crash will only occur when I load a game. It happened when i first received the video card but i just thought of it as a driver error. The problem stopped after the first two days of using my computer, but its now back 2 months later. Basically when I open a game my screen just turns off. The worst part is when i turned my computer off (hard reset) the screen wont even turn on... The fans will go, but no display signal. Ever since yesterday my computer will turn on but no display will be given. Im wondering what to do, and whether its the Video card (a 7950) or the PSU (tx-750).

Ive tried reseating the GPU but nothing happened. I let the computer sit for 24hours unplugged and then the screen finally turned on when booted, but crashed when i loaded bf3. Now the display receives no signal.

More about : black screen underload

March 1, 2013 12:00:26 AM

Was there any overclock settings on the GPU? And which 7950 did you buy? The black screening may be from unstable overclocks or heat.
m
l
March 1, 2013 12:17:56 AM

protogenic said:
Was there any overclock settings on the GPU? And which 7950 did you buy? The black screening may be from unstable overclocks or heat.

No overclock setting. I got 7950 Gigabyte WF3 (windforce 3) that came slightly FACTORY overclocked. I would check my temps but my screen wont turn on, but the last time i checked them they were really low like 28C idle and like 50-75 underload (i think, i dont quite remember, but it was never in the 100's)

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
m
l
Related resources
March 1, 2013 1:02:47 AM

Sorry Mousemonkey, is it safe to test my power supply with a multimeter? What are the odds of it being my PSU.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2013 1:07:18 AM

My money is on a bad GPU.
m
l
March 1, 2013 1:10:00 AM

uhg, how can i be sure? I ordered it off of newegg, but heard the gigabyte Customer service is bad. How long is the RMA thing? Do i do it through newegg?
m
l
!