Flickering transparent checkerboard in corners

sinaku

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Video card, btw: Gigabyte HD 7850 (Radeon)

I've had this current setup for at least two weeks now and mostly it's been fun. Just today though, I started seeing a graphical issue. There's occasionally a triangular pattern of transparent rectangle in the upper right corner of my monitor (LCD/LED widescreen) and less often, in the lower right. It's not that the graphics are just plain missing, it's just that instead of showing the open window's graphics in the missing spaces, it' showing the fuzzy transparency of whatever's behind it (the way Win7 typically displays the top border of windows.)

I can't get it to happen consistently, but it always seems to happen when the focused window is maximized. Sometimes it flickers, sometimes it disappears after a few seconds. Sometimes it shows up out of nowhere, sometimes when I maximize the window. I tried wiggling the HDMI cable at the base of my monitor while it was onscreen, but it did nothing (again, I don't think it's a graphics card or monitor issue, as it is showing graphics there, just not the right one. I could be wrong though.)

And finally, I have ONLY gotten this to happen using Firefox. I'm not saying it can't happen with another program, but that's the only one I've seen it on so far.

Any ideas?

sinaku

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Seems to be a Firefox-specific issue, not a graphics card issue, and disappears if you turn off hardware acceleration, so I guess consider this topic closed.

TRENDING THREADS