Cannot display 1440 x 900 as native resolution

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I'm using an updated GeForce 6600 driver and the resolution is currently 1024 x 768 and everything is so big. I used to be able to display 1440 x 900 60Hz as the native resolution and all seems fine but it stopped working one day.
So I updated the driver and it didn't quite fix the problem; it's as if it's not recognizing the monitor.

If I add a custom resolution in the NVIDIA control panel with a scan type progressive then it doesn't fix anything. The monitor can't see the rest of the desktop and it seems to be cut off at the edge. Interlaced makes it look just the way it is but it says that it can't support it.

I've tried rolling back the driver, reinstalling it, and then rebooting and it didn't do anything. I don't want to do anything careless that would wreck the harddrive so I signed up for this site so if any of you could help me.

I just don't know what's wrong and I just want it back the way it used to be!

I am using Win 7 if that adds to anything.

Diabowx

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Try to use old nvidia driver that are older than the driver u were using during update . It may also happen that nvidia may have stopped supporting 6000 series cards. That the updated drivers are not working any more for 6600

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013

I went and downloaded the older versions and it didn't seem to do anything either.