Q2 changes??

granthomas99

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Does anyone here think that anything will change between now and june of this year, when I am planning on buying my next gaming pc. Will picking parts now be worth it? Will new graphics be released? What do you guys predict?

Hi,

Rumours are that new AMD/nVidia gpu's won't be arriving until Q4 2013 and IB-E (Ivy bridge extreme) CPU's won't make an appearance until Q3, though these processor's will be high end so not for most people.

If you wait for the next best thing to arrive you'll never buy anything, rumours are always flying around and technology advances so fast, my advice would be to buy now.

plasmaj12345

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
It doesn't matter if new products get released, the initial markups of price might not be good for the few couple of months anyway. For example, the Radeon 7970 was released at $550 - 600, but by fall of 2012, it came to just under $400 (where it is now), not to mention that for almost $600, the 7970 came with a reference cooler. I would say either buy what you want now, or wait a couple months after the newer products are released for the price to go down.