Sign in with
Your question

660 TI in SLI vs GTX Titan?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2013 2:48:09 PM

As far as I know the Titan has less power than a 690, but we have to take into consideration that the Titan is a single GPU card.

How about 2 660 TI in SLI, that will be approx 300 watts and a titan is approx 250 watts but two 660 ti's is like 600 usd vs 1000 + usd for the titan.

Which do you think is better? I think 2 660 TIs has at least a little more power than the TITAN and much more cheaper and its just 50 watt difference in consumption.

Thanks

More about : 660 sli gtx titan

a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2013 3:22:22 PM

I can say for sure that $/performance is much better with 660ti sli. As far as power goes, I think they would be similar. The titan would probably be better at high resolution because of more memory/bandwidth.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2013 3:48:21 PM

2x660ti SLI if you want a better value. Titan if you got money to burn and over compensating for something. i swear that card should be called a 680Ti and sold for $550-700.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2013 4:09:48 PM

I never really like the 660ti due to is memory choke. I'd rather go with an AMD CF set up if I wanted the performance of a Titan.

That said, I'd love to own a very small form PC that rocked an i5, titan, and a large SSD . But the price for all that is just stupid.
m
l
March 1, 2013 4:22:37 PM

wanderer11 said:
I can say for sure that $/performance is much better with 660ti sli. As far as power goes, I think they would be similar. The titan would probably be better at high resolution because of more memory/bandwidth.

Maybe not much difference in bandwidth as 2 660 TI will be 192 x 2 = 384 bit same as titan, but the memory will be 2 or 3 GB vs the 6 GB of the titan. Anyway I dont think anyone will use 6 GB for now.
m
l
March 26, 2013 7:52:15 AM

john1587 said:
wanderer11 said:

Maybe not much difference in bandwidth as 2 660 TI will be 192 x 2 = 384 bit same as titan, but the memory will be 2 or 3 GB vs the 6 GB of the titan. Anyway I dont think anyone will use 6 GB for now.

Unfortunately SLI does not scale memory, as you seem to believe here. So that actually is incorrect.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 19, 2013 2:50:03 PM

john1587 said:
As far as I know the Titan has less power than a 690, but we have to take into consideration that the Titan is a single GPU card.

How about 2 660 TI in SLI, that will be approx 300 watts and a titan is approx 250 watts but two 660 ti's is like 600 usd vs 1000 + usd for the titan.

Which do you think is better? I think 2 660 TIs has at least a little more power than the TITAN and much more cheaper and its just 50 watt difference in consumption.

Thanks

john1587 said:
wanderer11 said:

"Many people unfamiliar with SLI assume that two cards will be twice as quick as one. Various companies selling desktops, laptops and video cards have done nothing to deny this.
The assumption is incorrect, however. There is an overhead associated with getting two or more GPUs to work together. Driver and game support for the feature are also factors. In a best-case scenario an SLI configuration will be 80% quicker than a single card. In a worst-case scenario it may actually be slower."

" http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sli-improve-gaming-perform... "

Besides, you can have a quad SLI 680, 3 660'ti's or Quad Titan SLI, whcih would you rather have? :D 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx45zNHk5BY <-I wish I had the money.
m
l
!