Rig build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

atc43

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Im looking to build a gaming rig. 1st one so Im pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff. N

othing too expensive(600-700) so Ive been on bestbuy and so far looked at

Corsair Vengeance 2x4 DDR3 DIMM for $60

i5 3570K for $225

GTX 650 Ti SSC 2gb GDDR5 for $169

Any suggestions for a motherboard fans and case? And what changes would you make to improve my selections while still remaining in my price range?

All help is appreciated thanks!

Solution
First of all, use an online site like Newegg.com, NCIX.com, or other in your country / region; they'll stomp all over Worst Buy prices. If there is a Microcenter in your area, they have great in-store deals, typically including CPU/Mobo combos.
Take a look at this quarter's $600 SBM build to get an idea of what $600 can buy (the remaining $100 of your budget can go for Windows). This assumes, of course, that you already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers. If you don't have those, you'll need to make some significant adjustments.
The best thing you can do is fill out the template in the sticky on How to Ask For New Build Advice. It will answer these (and many other) questions, and help you get the most relevant answers.
First of all, use an online site like Newegg.com, NCIX.com, or other in your country / region; they'll stomp all over Worst Buy prices. If there is a Microcenter in your area, they have great in-store deals, typically including CPU/Mobo combos.
Take a look at this quarter's $600 SBM build to get an idea of what $600 can buy (the remaining $100 of your budget can go for Windows). This assumes, of course, that you already have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers. If you don't have those, you'll need to make some significant adjustments.
The best thing you can do is fill out the template in the sticky on How to Ask For New Build Advice. It will answer these (and many other) questions, and help you get the most relevant answers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.