Big let down

z250kid

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Stay away from this card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006.
I recived an replacment card from newegg after the prvious one shorted out. Now one of the fan makes a loud ticking noise. Then a griding noise while starting crysis 3.

This is bad !!!!! im going to xfx

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Sapphire makes some very nice cards overall, that card has received mostly good reviews with some people reporting their cards dying, but that can happen with any GPU. It could be that you just got two bad cards, unfortunately it happens sometimes :(

Try and see if you can RMA it again if it has a bad fan. Make sure its the fan though, it also could be a different problem like coil whine.

I've had that card personally, excellent experience. I ended up wanting a little more power and sold it to my friend and go myself a 7970 also by sapphire. like others have mentioned, they're a great company and makes some very nice cards. unfortunately manufacturing and shipping are not exact processes and accidents etc does occur. I'm sorry to hear that you ended up with 2 bad cards, but it does happen.

also, as arich asked, what psu and motherboard do you have? a card shorting out is suspicious

because one card failed doesnt mean they are all bad. you have a very small sample of ONE card out of all the cards in the world, that is not enough to make a valid conclusion about the quality of every card. Im pretty sure that at least ONE of ANY card EVER MADE has failed.

z250kid

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
the SECOND one right out of the box the fan is failing (Brand New replacment). When your start crysis 3 it makes werid noises. The first card was great till it shorted its self out. I gave the company the benift of the doubt but the second one was what set my mind on it. Companys are lacking qc checks. What are other good brands?

z250kid

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I have and antec 750watt psu and msi board its not the board or psu. I tried it in my friends computer same thing. He has a 1000watt psu. He told me i have bad luck. My old asus 6890 is holding strong! Im leaning towards that brand im going to get a 7970 insted of 7950.