New graphics card won\'t play games

Mustachegeek

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
So, I upgraded from GT 630 to Raedon HD 7850. After I put in my new graphics card it wouldn't play any games that have discs, only minecraft.

SPECS:
3.00 ghz (gigabyte MSI or something..)
8gb ram
500gb memory
550w

Sounds like you might have messed up the disc reader when you installed your graphics card man =(. Also this "SPECS: 3.00 ghz (gigabyte MSI or something..)" does not make any sense. Judging from the "3.00 ghz" part that tells me you are talking about a cpu yet afterwards you state this "(gigabyte MSI or something..)" which do not make cpus they both make GPU's, motherboards, some other internal components and some peripherals. PLEASE CLARIFY YOUR STATMENT!!!!

well, clearly he's very new at this, there's also the "500gb memory" which should be 500gb HDD space but oh well, he'll learn in time.

anyway, @Mustachegeek, did you plug in the power cable for your HD 7850? unlike your gt 630, the HD 7850 requires additional power to run, you can't simply plug it into your PCIe slot.

LOL I didn't even notice the 500gb RAM i was concentrated on correcting him for the previous statement. No worries though Moustachegeek i had been making similarly dumb specification posts about 1 year privy to this.