Sign in with
Your question

Recently built new computer, 7850 HMDI to monitor gets no signal

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 2, 2013 9:20:52 PM

Hello,
As you can tell I recently built a new computer using a MSI radeon hd 7850 OC edition. The HDMI cable from the HDMI port to the HDMI on my monitor receives no signal and I can't install windows. Please help, this was my first build and I don't know what's wrong.
a b C Monitor
March 3, 2013 11:24:12 AM

Does your motherboard have onboard Graphics? If it does the first thing to try is look in bios and make sure the setting are set to use the PCI-e and not onboard graphics
m
l
August 20, 2013 6:39:41 AM

Aweste97 said:
Hello,
As you can tell I recently built a new computer using a MSI radeon hd 7850 OC edition. The HDMI cable from the HDMI port to the HDMI on my monitor receives no signal and I can't install windows. Please help, this was my first build and I don't know what's wrong.

No solution I have similar problem with intermittent signal with same card. Computer shop kiddie not helpful. Was hoping to get a hint here. Will need to contact Samsung or card manufacture as the problem seems to occur with others as well. Suggest you replace current card with older one or use motherboard graphics until you can install system.
Good luck
Old Nerd

m
l
!