Black Screen Crashes While Gaming

The LOP

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Alright, I posted something similar to this but I have now got updates on the situation.

Basically, whenever I am gaming I will randomly get crashes that usually result in black screens and me having to do a hard reboot. The computer becomes unresponsive to anything. The screen goes black, the sound will play for a few seconds then it stops. That is usually when I have to do a hard reboot. I did some tests on the system. Windows memory diagnostics come back clean, HDD diagnostics provided by my HDD provider come back clean as well. I ran the fur and tess stress test on kombuster for 30 minutes with my fans at 100% (which is what I always run them at) and my temps never went over 55 degrees. I also notice no change in performance when this happens. My temps on both my CPU and GPU never exceed normal levels when I monitor them.

Sometimes the crashes go to a white screen, or a gray striped screen. Also it doesn't happen unless I play something somewhat demanding. Anything above Reccetear (basically a flash game) will crash however. CoD4, Far Cry 3, Team Fortress 2, pretty much anything. I do not know if it is a power supply issue, but if so wouldn't other things be crashing too?

Sorry for the long read, but any help that could lead to a solution would greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Edit: realized I didnt even post the specs sorry!
Specs:
Gigabyte AMD 7850 gpu (it came with a stock OC of 975 mhz and 1200 mhz on gpu memory, I know that could be important)
Intel i5-2500 processor
corsair enthusiast series tx750 750w power supply
8gb of corsair ddr3 1600 ram (the ram for some reason runs at 1333 according to my bios could this be playing a part?)
Asus p8z77-v lk motherboard