logitech z560s smell like hospital at high volumes

G

I just got the logitech z-560s paired with an SB audigy sound card and they sound great but at high volumes, the sub starts emitting some odd smells. I can't pinpoint the smell but my best estimate is the smell of a hospital.....lol. Well anyway my audio expert friend says that "it's the coils burnin' up". However, he said that if the sound is not distorting it should be fine. Well my sound is not distorting so I hope he is right. Does anyone else know what's up with this?
Actually, there may be distortion though. I don't know if it's actually distortion or if it's just that my subwoofer isn't in an optimal position. It seems like when it's up real loud at certain points in certain songs, it's straining a little bit and not giving as rich a sound as it should be. It doesn't distort though so I think it's just that the sub isn't in a good position right now. I'm gonna try to move it in a corner and see how it sounds.

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's the funniest subject I've ever seen :lol:

It could be just because they're new. Take it easy on them for a while and see if the smell goes away.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

G

hm......well it was funny then, but for some reason now my bass just totally cut out for no apparent reason. I just called up newegg.com and I got an RMA to return it and get a new set... :( Well gotta go.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Go with KLIPSCH (High Quality) and you will not have these Ridiculous Problems....

The only thing you will smell is HIGH QUALITY wattage...

This Community is like a Second Family!!

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
oh jesus.. dont troll with that crap.

at least the logitechs are sold with the RMS rating on the box unlike the klipsch sets.
i dont think theirs a single disfavorable Z560 review and your saying stuff like that.

The PC Klipsch products arent that great.
I couldnt even find klipsch's RMS wattage on their website the other day either...

I'll be getting my Z560s in about a week from now so I'll let you know if they smell like a hospital. Instead I bet they blow the center caps off your klipsch.

Athlon XP 1700+,KT266A,Geforce3, Audigy.. 'nuff said.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
You are just paying for High Quality, It will only pay off in the end !!
Im not a Klipsch Troll, i was just making alittle joke, and I think the Klipsch Products are better then the Logitech Products, Logitech should stick to makeing keyboards and mice, and leave the speakers to the audio master's! lol

G

um.....well i thought i heard that their systems go for aabout that price, if you like to call that cheap

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
The 5.1 Klipsch are 500watt MBO (maximum burst output), not RMS.
Klipsch claims this is equal in loudness and quality to a 500watt RMS amp but if it is, why do they not just use a true 500watt rms amp?

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Your correct Klipsch make very good audio products. I prefer their home theater stuff myself, they are up there with the other big dogs.. better quality than bose.

If I buy a new home theater setup I'm going to look into a all Klipsch setup because I like their interest in our little PC market.

You gotta admit though, Logitech was very smart in their design of the z560s, the sats are amazing for just one speaker in range.. and they put a decent quality sub and powered all the speakers properly and let you use standard stereo wire and came out with a pretty good setup for gamers. I cant wait to get mine, I'm into my bass in my gaming I like big booms in my counterstrike and wolfenstein games..

G

heh.....well there ya go, even less reason for me to buy them

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Everybody has their own opinion... i have heard both sets, i like the way the Klipsch performs...Very Loud, some say the Bass isn't good, I didn't have a problem...i thought it had a nice little kick to it!

TRENDING THREADS