I updated my graphics notebook driver and now my screen is off

vermillionpt22

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Hello,

I updated my graphics notebook driver to 3.14 and now my screen is off. The windows startup comes up and all that but as soon as I get to the login page, it goes black, like it it's off. I can still play music via keystrokes and log in but I can't see anything cause the screen is powered down. Help please?

vermillionpt22

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

I figured out how to sort of fix it. When I plug an HDMI in, it fixes it and takes it out of projector mode. But everytime I restart the computer, it goes back into projector mode. And I have to plug an HDMI in every time. Anyone know how I can fix this annoyance?

D-RockTech

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I am running an Nvidia 310m on a sony vaio vpcf1. When I updated from 3.10 nvidia graphics drivers to 3.14 I had the same exact issue. It seems these drivers cause the machine to not recognize the EDID on the monitor on boot. Connecting to an external monitor allows you to choose projector settings and then it picks it up and works fine until the next time you boot. I'm still working on a permanent fix for this. At the moment I just rolled back to the 3.10 driver because I was annoyed.